The UCL Centre for Applied Linguistics regularly hosts visiting scholars from all over the world at different points in their career. Meet some of our past visitors on this page.
Senior Visiting Scholars
Dr Melinda Dooly, Department of Language and Literature Education and Social Science Education, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Research topics: Foreign language teaching methods, technology-infused teaching and learning, integrated plurilingual education.
- Funding source: Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deportes (Spain), Estancias de movilidad en el extranjero “José Castíllejo”
- Research Centre GREIP: http://grupsderecerca.uab.cat/greip/en
Read about Melinda’s experience with us here.
Prospective visiting scholars can find more information about the process here.
Visiting Student Researchers
Alicia Fernández Barrera, Ph.D researcher at the University of Castilla-La Mancha under the supervision of Ana María Relaño.
- Research topics: bi/multilingual education, CLIL, language ideologies, language identity, sociolinguistic Ethnography, language policies. Specifically, the social (re)construction of bilingualism and bilingual identity through discourse and interaction practices
- Funding source: Fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
Read about Alicia’s experience with us here.
Prospective students visitors can find more information about the process here.